Friday, April 8, 2011

FAST

Experiencing my fast

I decided to keep one day fast to support the anti corruption bill. I am not aware of what this fight exactly is. But I really felt from my heart that this is some good cause – I should support. My consciousness said to me to follow it. As a student of leadership and OB, I am really doubtful whether Anna hazare has enough leadership qualities to read the situation and lead this movement..But at personal level I strongly felt that “goodness” within me should go on fast for one day to support this positive energy. And I did that …

When I was on fast – I learned so many things – I am classifying it at three level.

A] I had constant feeling that I am supporting some real good thing and some kind of positive wave is getting build up throughout the country. I can feel that I am part of this big system and some or other day I will contribute something to it. Although I was alone fasting at my place.. I was never alone !!

B] Then my consciousness told me that there is time yet to come when you can lead anything.. you are still small one learning on your own weakness..It reminded me of all the corruptions as an individual I carried out for this system. I decided never to bribe TC for ticket (which I had sometime), never to buy black ticket and never to save WAT by not having bill.. I decided to improve on these three things as my personal sankalpa’s to improve this system by individual efforts...

C] Then my consciousness told me to go further down. Who I am to think about system when – this “I” itself is corrupt.. It told me that systems will come and go.. what about you..? And I recalled all lies I had told to so many people so many times.. the burning hunger decided to burn my “corrupt I”.. I remembered – how much impure am i.. I decided not to lie those things which I am doing for so many days.. I can’t go back to each one and remove that.. but I can do to my close friends.. I never cleared NDA mains.. I never cleared IIT screening.. these were two most common lies - I was sharing in some different groups.

The hunger fire of one day fast connected me to system level, individual level and also something inside me..The human life is about making yourself pure.. it is about building ego and then dissolving it.. It is really beautiful journey..

By experiencing these Gandhi (More about Indian)way, My faith is surely increased now than the way I used to do only by reading or criticizing…

Either we get excited or we give it.. there can be always some path in between of "learning"..

Life is all about constant learning..


1 comment:

Chinmay said...

Your 3rd point is really important.
Few days back i too had similar motivation to remove lies and untold truths..
Still haven't got time to share it with u..